What is the Parent Hub?
Every Monday and Wednesday morning the Nurture Hut is open between 8.50-10am for parents to come in, make a hot drink and some toast and catch up with other parents. Not ready to go home just yet? Come on and join us. Everyone is welcome.
The Nurture Hut is through the main gates and to the right.
Stanford's Pastoral Lead, Claire Campbell, will be available if needed to give advice on a variety of issues including:
- managing behaviour and boundary setting
- secondary school transition
- setting routines
- good communication with children
- managing children's emotions
Claire can also provide
- Food vouchers for those on low incomes or in a temporary state of financial hardship (eg following a benefits change)
- information on accessing support for housing or benefits issues
- information on local English classes
- information on local exercise classes
- information on local children's clubs and activities
- a listening ear and support. Individual appointments can be made on request.
If parents would like to learn a skill, hear from a guest speaker, cook, make something or celebrate a festival please let Claire know and we will have an Event Day. This will be a longer session with a planned guest or activity.
Learning to knit Making winter wreaths Spring flower arrangements Celebrating Diwali
Some useful links, click on the purple writing:
Net Aware- Check the safety of online apps and games
Family Support at Stanford- click this link to find out more.